No current positions available. Please check back soon or see future jobs below.
Hiring for new program year in August.
*Not currently accepting applications.
Substitute Teacher - HSE or ESL
The Learning Source is seeking applicants for substitute teacher positions at all Learning Source locations. The Substitute Teacher is responsible for class instruction at one location for one class period, approximately 2-3 hours, depending on the site. Teachers may note whether they are applying for a GED or ESL classroom.
Role and Responsibilities
· Provide direct instruction to students studying English as a Second Language, using curriculum tailored to ELA and any other plans noted by the Lead Teacher. (ESL)
· Teach adult basic education/GED curriculum in an individualized, self-paced environment. (HSE/GED)
· Teach job skills/workforce curriculum (HSE/GED)
· Assist and provide direction to volunteer tutors in the classroom regarding curriculum, teaching methods, and materials.
· Engage students with a range of skill levels using a variety of proven teaching skills and motivation strategies while meeting the needs of individual learning styles.
· Track attendance
· Give an account to the Lead Teacher (via email or phone) of what occurred in class that day.
· Attend Professional Development trainings and workshops as assigned by The Learning Source.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Experience teaching adults and learners with diverse needs.
· Experience teaching English as Second Language (ESL)
· Understanding of group instruction principles and classroom management.
· Experience working with culturally and economically diverse communities and/or historically underserved populations.
· Experience with at-risk populations.
· Knowledge of Adult Education theory.
· Teacher certification or experience teaching adults.
Preferred Skills and Education
· Adult Basic Education Authorization
· College degree in education, liberal arts, or related field.
· Experience working with volunteers.
· Collaborative and professional team member.
The Learning Source promotes and provides educational opportunities through collaborative partnerships for adults and families to support their future achievements. Since 1964, The Learning Source has supported adult learners with barriers to education to pursue their educational and career goals.