Substitute Child Care Provider – Cherry Creek Schools and Aurora Public Schools $10.20/hr (August-May); Hours Vary (On Call) Start Date: October 2018 Date Posted: 10/15/2018
Applications Accepted By:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Learning Source is seeking applicants for Substitute Child Care Provider. Responsible for planning and implementation of an infant/toddler and pre-school program at a school-based family literacy centers. Maintains children's development records and fosters a safe and caring environment for the children. Subbing can take place Monday through Thursday, 6 hours per day following the school’s schedule. Occasionally, there may be hours on Friday.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- The ability to implement reasoning and problem-solving strategies
- Communication skills in staff/child/parent relations
- The upper body strength to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Program Leader Certification preferred
- Minimum one year experience working with young children
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and coordinate program activities for infants, toddlers, and pre-schoolers;
- Attend ½ day training, or job responsibilities and requirements with the Program Director.
- Communicate with parents concerning their children's activities, accomplishments and progress;
- Inform Lead Teacher or Children Program Coordinator of any needs, problems, or accidents involving children in care;
- Responsible for maintenance of a safe and clean environment for the children daily.
The Learning Source is a non-profit organization founded in 1964 to enable adults the opportunity to pursue
educational goals. Volunteer tutors, in locations throughout the Denver metro area, provide instruction in basic
literacy, GED, ESOL, and Family Literacy. The Learning Source is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. The Learning Source does not discriminate
against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by state or local law.